Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lets Speculate

It's been about a month since my last post. I can imagine what you are thinking by now: has he bought a car? Hmm... Well I have been really busy but more importantly, lazy. I bet you did not guess that.

I have been thinking of changing the focus of this blog to one of speculative journalist. I see so many things around which make me sad and happy. This is what I'll like to write about. And since I'm a solution oriented kind of guy I'll also like to write about solutions for some of the issues I raise.

I witnesses a very sad event on my way to the office today. A woman's fingers were smashed by the front door of the Benz 207 trotro I was in. I can still remember her inability to shout. She couldn't shout but her tears showed it all. She wanted to act strong because of her daughter but she could barely hide her agony.

This is not the first time I am witnessing an incident like this. From what I understand it happens quite regularly with this particular type of trotro (I mean Benz). Given that this Benz was made for carrying goods and not human beings we cannot blame them. The problem is that these trotros are high and often many above the age of 30/40 need to hold on to something to get down. Unfortunately, if you are on the first row there's nothing to hold on to except the front door. If you are not lucky and the door is opened, I guess you can imagine the rest.

I would think the solution to this problem is quite simple but no one seem to realize it. Since this happens to people in the first row who are trying to hold on to something to alight or board the bus, we can safely assume that an alternative to holding on to the door's space will solve the problem. I believe there are many types of holders this purpose.

What do you think?

No comments: