Friday, April 25, 2008

WHY Trotro

Well I guess I need to define what trotro is for those of you who have never been to Ghana or do not have any Ghanaian friend who likes talking about his/her country. Trotro is the nickname (alias - 4 the geeks out there) for commercial buses in Ghana. They range from the very nice and comfortable to the back-breakers (popularly called bone-shakers). You cannot imagine the feeling of the later until you have ridden in one. TRUST ME

I decided to write about my experiences with trotros because I believe they have been the most intriguing for me. They range from exciting to unbearable. I am currently in a phase of my life where I use trotros a lot because I decided to be ambitious with a couple of friends to setup a billion Ghana Cedi (equivalent to a dollar ) company. And you know what... I have never regretted. You may not believe it but sitting in trotros is like the longest sightseeing/ tour/ adventure/ reality TV show I have even been on - the thrills, the excitement. the suspense, the betrayal. I guess I'm sounding like a Telenovela commercial now. For the ladies it is more than the chit chats at the salon and for the guys it is more than the Champions League or WWF. I am trying to whet your appetite.

Did I succeed?

STAY TUNED

No comments: